Monday 23 November 2015

Shrimp Dumplings

 

Shrimp Dumplings

2 sec cast

Reagents:
Giant Mantis Shrimp


With only one ingredient I decided to take a few liberties with the companion recipe. Sadly, it was only after I began placing the tiny packets of goodness into the frying pan that I realized that this World of Warcraft recipe is part of the "Way of the Steamer" recipe pack from Mist of Pandaria. Oops. I have to say, the following recipe was such an enormous hit in my house that no one is sad that I have to make it again, in a steamer. The cast time listed below assumes that your Giant Mantis Shrimp are already out of the shell and deveined. It was my first experience deveining shrimp and I blew 25 minutes on just that step. Also, wrapping 36 won ton wrappers by yourself will add another 25 minutes or more, depending on your dexterity. Here is the recipe I will attempt:

25 min.  cast - movement will not break cast. 
Reagents:
  • 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
  • 8 ounces/1 cup ground pork
  • 1 cup shredded green cabbage
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon mirin (Mirin is not something I can find in my small town. I used icewine as a substitute)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 36 2-inch won ton wrappers
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Soy sauce, for serving

  1. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, pork, cabbage, green onions, ginger, sesame oil, mirin, salt and pepper, to taste.
  2. To assemble the dumplings, place wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture into the center of each wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add dumplings in a single layer and cook until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  4. Serve immediately with soy sauce, if desired.
  5. Voila! Shrimp Dumplings!



Special Thanks to Damn Delicious for the Shrimp Dumpling recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment